Full stack developer
|Job Title:||Full stack developer|
|Start Date:||2019-11-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 17:54|
The team is providing the shared infrastructure and standards that will enable sport organisations, technology vendors and start-ups to connect and innovate to deliver better experiences for consumers of sport services.
The specialist will:
- Augment the Australian Government Design System by building additional quality design system components to support improved experience and efficiency for sport participants and organisations delivering sport services
- Work with users in an agile development environment to understand requirements, elicit feedback and refine the solution through product showcases.
- Provide technical input into the viability, estimation of effort and delivery of user stories.
- Develop and use system testing and validation procedures (unit tests, integration tests etc.) which support continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps processes.
- Strong proficiency with Java development stacks, particularly using the Spring Boot framework and microservice architecture
- All round experience in frontend and backend development, with a deep understanding in one or more of the following: security, accessibility, backend integration
- Keen interest in using modern technology to build front end experiences and APIs an advantage
- Experience at the team, portfolio or programme level, to help organisation establish the right processes for designing and delivering services in an Agile way (including continuous integration and delivery)
- Experience with design systems generally, creating design system components, and specifically experience with the Australian Government Design System
- Experience working in and contributing to open source projects and culture an enormous plus (contributions beyond code are highly valued)
- Knowledge of the Digital Service Standard, and familiarity with the research and design community within Departments and the APS
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, 12 Month Contract with possible extension options
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 November 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information