Network Engineer Level 4
|Job Title:||Network Engineer Level 4|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 09:50|
The Network Engineer is responsible under general direction to devise strategies, provision the planning, implementation, and sustainment of a Test, QA and production environment for use in a complex software, hardware and network project.
Skills and Knowledge required:
- A detailed understanding and ability to design and configure complex IP based networks with a heavy focus on Cisco. Qualifications are advantageous, including experience with routing technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, etc.), switching technologies (STP, VLANNTP, FabricPath, etc.), carrier technologies (VPLS, MPLS etc.) and security technologies (IPsec, firewall etc.)
1. Monitor systems and infrastructure and provide assistance with sustainment support requests, fix and troubleshoot issues.
2. Monitor and action security alerts and incidents.
3. Maintain and upgrade device software and firmware versions and create, implement, and provide feedback on system designs.
4. Implement new IT infrastructure. Use public/private cloud APIs to provision, scale and destroy infrastructure as required. Develop tools that allow automation systems to provision infrastructure without assistance. Create and maintain testable infrastructure, including racking, cabling and labelling of current and new infrastructure.
5. Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures. Design, support, and update documentation and standard operating procedures.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 12 – 24 month contract length options. Part-time arrangements may be considered.
Security Requirements: PV security clearance required.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 27 November or until position is filled.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information.