Business Intelligence Analyst
|Job Title:||Business Intelligence Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 11:45|
The Department wishes to develop processes, artefacts and practices that support the building of the capability, and seeks an experienced business analyst with skills at process mapping and business process optimisation.
a. BDA’s represent a significant cost saving for the Department that has developed over many years. They primarily use Microsoft Office Macros, VBA, Access Databases and InfoPath forms.
b. As the Department seeks to deliver a better Client and Staff Experience through upgrading its technology to contemporary versions, challenges exist with future release cycle/methodology of existing automation pathways.
c. Many of their existing automations rely on MS Office Capabilities that are either end of life of may be so in the future, or will be subject to update frequencies that will make support for these automations difficult.
As a result of impending upgrades to office 365 and windows 10 there is a requirement to remediate existing BDA’s to ensure they can function and deliver these benefits into the future.
Skills and Experience Required:
- works with stakeholders to clearly understand and identify the core business issues and outcomes required to improve business performance
- researches and analyses the current state to best interpret the business problems
- utilises business improvement, innovation and design expertise to create opportunities for improvement and risk mitigation
- assesses costs, risks and potential benefits of the new approaches
- creates future state design documentation to clearly articulate improvements to business operations, services and products
- defines and develops change strategy
- contributes to organisational capability development and continuous improvement initiatives
Location and Contract Term: This is a Brisbane based role. Approx start date of mid December with contract till 30 June 2020. 1 x 12 month extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. The succcesful candidate will be required to undertake the Departments security onboarding process
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Ballistic Missile Technical Intelligence Assessment Analyst (TSPV)
Business Analyst Level 5 (TSPV)
Business Analyst – Logistics Management/Endpoint Services Level 4 (TSPV)
IT Systems Analyst