|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 11:52|
The Data Engineer role will be responsible for managing data flows and end-user data requirements, as well as, the development and sustainment of prototype and corporate tools.
Skills and Knowledge required:
1. Demonstrated knowledge and strong experience in development languages/ technologies such as Python, ElasticSearch, Linux and Apache NiFi.
Essential (one or more)
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the processing of data flows (i.e. extract, transform and load).
3. A proven ability to liaise with technical staff on complex technical issues and processes.
4. A proven ability to document technical processes and share learned work outcomes with others.
1. Process of data flows (extract, transform and load) and the management of data ingest into existing internal prototype tools and repositories.
2. Liaise internally to determine and agree on the best dataflow (optimised) solution, then implement solution (extract, transform and load) into existing corporate tools and repositories.
3. Work with other teams to manage end-user data requirements and translate these (where necessary) into internal system requirements.
4. Review current dataflow processes and practices to determine where efficiencies and/or improvements can be made in terms of the value from data sources and customer requirements.
5. Maintain and sustain internal group JIRA and Confluence spaces (including documentation of own work undertaken).
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 12 – 24 month contract length options. Part-time arrangements may be considered.
Security Requirements: PV security clearance required.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 27 November or until position is filled.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information.