Linux Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Linux Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 12:14|
The Position is required to work as a Linux Systems Engineer providing guidance and support for Linux and related products within the Infrastructure Delivery Stream to project managers and architects and assist with developing detailed technical documentation. The role is also expected to be a 'hands-on' engineer that will perform the execution and implementation of technology changes to achieve the future-state Department design.
The position will work with Solution Architects to ensure standard and appropriate delivery patterns are designed and with internal support teams to provide guidance on ongoing support and maintenance of Linux and related products.
- As a member of the Infrastructure team within the Departments program, work with project teams, architects and vendors to provide direction and guide integrate of new systems into the environment.
- On an individual basis or as a team member, work with integration vendors to guide standard patterns for installation, configuration of operating system and related software components for the datacentre, networks, security and cloud environments.
- On an individual basis or as a member of a team, provide guidance and recommendations and report on matters associated within the delivery projects.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of techniques and developments associated with IT systems, in particular their potential application to planned solutions.
- Actively support project implementation and integration including an understanding of ITIL service delivery concepts.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with deploying and managing components across the Linux and related product stacks in a secure, repeatable standardised manner.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- RedHat Ansible
- RedHat Integration platform
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware)
- Experience working collaboratively with networking, compute and storage engineers, security engineers and architects to coordinate deployment and management of components
- Experience with Ansible automation and management stack,
- Experience developing and documenting SOEs and developing platform hardening best practices
- Experience working collaboratively in a heterogenous environment with complimentary and sometimes competing technology stacks
- Experience working with vendors and internal resources to ensure delivery of solutions meets requirements.
- Ability to create detailed technical documentation (e.g. as-built documents, operational handover documents, support guides, operating standards
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne based role. Contract till June 2020. 2 x 3 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain the clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 14 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's