System Software Engineer
|Job Title:||System Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 12:12|
The System Software Engineer will plan, organise, integrate, deliver and sustain complex systems under broad direction and will maintain productive working relationships.
Skills and Knowledge required:
1. Demonstrated experience with either:
a. Oracle products including Oracle database and Oracle APEX; and/or
b. Sybase products including ASE and Replication Server
1. Sustain capabilities that predominantly use:
a. Oracle technologies; and/or
b. Sybase technologies.
2. Evaluate and test new system releases (including patches). Plan and coordinate the installation of new versions of system software.
3. Investigate, coordinate and resolve potential and actual service problems.
4. Manage system and database configurations across numerous environments (e.g. production, QA, development, training, test, and exercise). Monitor database activity and resource usage. Optimise database performance and plan for forecast resource needs.
5. Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of relational databases and replication technologies:
a. Oracle Database; and/or
b. Sybase ASE / Sybase Replication Server
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 12 – 24 month contract length options. Part-time arrangements may be considered.
Security Requirements: PV security clearance required.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 27 November or until position is filled.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information.