|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 12:34|
The candidate is required to work as a Networks Engineer providing support within the Infrastructure Delivery Stream to the various project managers and architects and assist with developing detailed technical documentation for the various infrastructure projects. The role is also expected to be a 'hands-on' engineer that will perform the execution and implementation of technology changes to achieve the future-state Department design.
- As a member of the Infrastructure team within the Departments program, work with project teams and vendors to integrate new systems into the environment.
- On an individual basis or as a team member, install and configure networking components for the datacentre, networks, security and/or cloud environments.
- On an individual basis or as a member of a team, provide advice and recommendations and report on matters associated within the delivery projects
- Maintain up to date knowledge of techniques and developments associated with IT systems, in particular their potential application to planned solutions.
- Actively support project implementation and integration including an understanding of ITIL service delivery concepts.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience with deploying and managing components across the Local and Wide Area Network stack in a secure, repeatable standardised manner.
- Cisco Networking hardware and operating systems
- Palo Alto Firewall appliance and operating software
- BigIP-F5 hardware appliance and operating software
- Local and Wide Area Networking, including Data Centre design and configuration
- Network routing and switching
- Domain Name Services (DNS)
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Experience working collaboratively with networking, platform, security engineers and architects to coordinate deployment and management of components
- Experience with Network Management and Security products and tools, hardening and best practices
- Experience working collaboratively in a heterogeneous environment with complimentary and sometimes competing technology stacks
- Experience working with vendors and internal resources to ensure delivery of solutions meets requirements.
- Ability to create detailed technical documentation (e.g. as-built documents, operational handover documents, support guides, operating standards)
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne based role. Contract till June 2020 with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 14 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's