|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nicole McCann|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 16:02|
Through your role, you will be providing support and maintenance including troubleshooting, performance monitoring, upgrade planning and deployment, capacity planning and more.
You will be part of a team responsible for keeping the Department’s core infrastructure running smoothly and responding to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
Skills and Knowledge required:
1. Experience delivering in an Agile software development environment.
2. Shell scripting experience and familiarity with common Linux distributions.
3. Experience with Linux hardening, including SELinux.
4. Experience with network, gateway and/or cross domain technologies.
5. Experience with cloud, containers and/or virtualisation.
- Perform proactive and reactive support and maintenance on VMWare and Cisco infrastructure.
- An understanding and ability to configure complex IP based networks in a Cisco context. Strong experience with routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, etc.), switching technologies (STP, VLANNTP, FabricPath, etc.), carrier technologies (VPLS, MPLS, etc.) and security technologies (IPsec, firewalls, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge in network engineering with specific knowledge in a number of areas including:
- IPSEC configuration, openvpn, Cisco routers Configuration, Cisco Catalysts switches, Vmware NSX-V, NSX-T, CISCO ACI, physical taps, hardening internet connected devices, SNMPv3, syslog, virtual routers (ie CSR1000v), Software defined Networking (SDN), cable management, fibre and copper based infrastructure.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 12 month contract plus 12 month extension option.
Security Requirements: PV security clearance required.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 19 November or until position is filled.
Call Nicole 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's