IT Security Manager
|Job Title:||IT Security Manager|
|Start Date:||2019-11-11 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2019 10:28|
As the IT Security Manager, you will be required to:
- Manage a team and to a budget that provides IT security services that meet the business and information protection needs, including ICT security program management, gateway security operations, cyber security and identity and access management operational support.
- Experience leading a team of IT security professionals and ability to maintain a good team culture, prioritise workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Develop and manage IT Security policy and formal security framework.
- Monitor IT security policies, guidelines and standards across systems and applications to ensure the department is compliant against government IT and security requirements (eg PSPF).
- Manage an annual PSPF compliance assessment; assessing, maintaining and reporting PSPF compliance, identifying remediation actions and managing agreed uplist actions to completion
- Advise on cyber security best practice, working with Project teams to ensure compliance and consistency with security policies and standards.
- Research the latest information technology security trends
- Monitor networks for security breaches and investigate violations when they occur
- High Level Security Design, including security tools (e.g. firewall, data encryption), to protect sensitive information.
- Define, prioritise and deliver an ongoing risk-based Security Uplift Program, that includes recommendations from external reviews, assessments and PenTests.
- Develop processes to identify, assess and facilitate the management of IT security risks including planning for future challenges in security requirements and IT trends.
- Contribute to the work of the enterprise architecture team to ensure that strategic IT security requirements are met.
- Report on IT security capability at an operational level and an executive level.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to maintain and update disaster recovery and business continuity plans and arrangements.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in an IT security management role and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT security, IT auditing or operational risk management fields.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT security policies, standards, guidelines and processes in a multi-platform IT environment.
- Experience providing strategic and operational advice to senior management
- In-depth understanding of IT Security methodologies and frameworks
- Exposure to Cloud platforms and the associated Security considerations
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of excellent operational services
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, with the ability to persuade, convince and influence stakeholders and staff in regards to IT security
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret and summarise business information, technical documents, budgets and data reports.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to Executive management both verbally and via written reports.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, including report writing and presentation skills
- Experience working collaboratively with multifunctional project teams, building and maintaining productive working relationships
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Sydney, 6 Month Contract with 1 x 6 Month extension options
Applicants must be Australian Citizens
How to Apply:
Applications close 14 November 2019 at 12 noon
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's