Full Stack Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Full Stack Software Engineer|
|Start Date:||2019-11-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2019 12:46|
The Department is designing and developing whole of government platform solutions to assist the government in providing simple, fast and clear public services providing a better experience for all Australians.
You will work on a number of these platforms including Tell Us Once, Notify.gov.au and Payments In. You will be involved in the Beta* phases of the prototyping and development of these platforms.
*In Beta, the department defines a minimum viable product from the successful prototype in Alpha. For Beta we build this as an accessible and secure service. This allows the public to trial the beta alongside the existing service. We use their feedback to improve the service.
You will take a user focus to understand the needs of the Government user and the Public user. You will be an enthusiastic team player with personal drive who will work in a multidisciplinary team to build world class government digital services and experiences. You will work in an agile way using modern open source tools and frameworks. As well as developing software based on technical direction you will also be able to think for yourself and contribute to the creative process.
- Strong proficiency with React and TypeScript is essential
- Strong proficiency with Go (golang)
- Proficiency with Elixir or functional programming
- Demonstrated all round experience in frontend and backend development
- Experience in agile techniques and methodology
- Enthusiastic about using modern technology to build APIs such as GraphQL, Protobuf and/or gRPC
- Experience contributing to open source projects and culture (contributions beyond code are highly valued)
- Experience in building accessible products
- Experience in reviewing code and design of other developers and providing constructive feedback
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions
- Experience designing structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and take into account target environment, performance/security/accessibility requirements and existing systems
- Ability to work in a diverse multidisciplinary (MDT) team outside of your specialty with user researchers and designers.
- Ability to work in co-located teams
- Promote a positive ‘can do’ and ‘how might we’ creative culture and help to build a strong technical reputation for the department.
- Work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Sydney, 6 Month Contract with possible 6 month extension options
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role
How to Apply:
Applications close 18 November 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information