IT Infrastructure/Network Support
|Job Title:||IT Infrastructure/Network Support|
|Start Date:||2019-11-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||November 12, 2019 13:26|
Provide IT Infrastructure and Network support for the Department's core infrastructure (including VMware and Cisco).
Perform proactive and reactive support and maintenance on VMWare and Cisco infrastructure.
Through your role, you will be providing support and maintenance including troubleshooting, performance monitoring, upgrade planning and deployment, capacity planning and more.
You will be part of a team responsible for keeping the Department's core infrastructure running smoothly and responding to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
The Department is seeking personnel who want to go above and beyond a reactive approach to support - we are looking for people who want to take a more proactive approach by recommending and implementing improvements to our maintenance processes and procedures (as well as responding in a professional and timely manner to unexpected failures).
- Formal professional or tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional experience.
- Experience and knowledge in network engineering with specific knowledge in a number of areas including: IPSEC configuration, openvpn, Cisco routers configuration, Cisco Catalyst switches, VMware NSX-V, NSX-T, Cisco ACI, syslog, virtual routers (eg: CSR1000v), Software Defined Networking (SDN), cable management, fibre and copper based infrastructure.
- An understanding of, and ability to configure, complex IP based networks in a Cisco context.
- Strong experience with routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP etc.), switching technologies (STP, VLANNTP, FabricPatch etc.), carrier technologies (VPLS, MPLS etc.) and security technologies (IPsec, firewalls etc.)
- The ability to maintain existing and rapidly acquire expertise in relevant new technologies.
- Experience with deploying network systems that form part of a virtualisation solution from vendors such as VMware.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, 12 Month Contract with 1 x 12 Month extension
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. NV2 Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 21 November 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's