|Job Title:||Communication Lead|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Angus|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2019 11:56|
The Department require a Communication Lead. The Communication Lead will be part of a communications team that contributes to developing and implementing communication plans, communication materials and support stakeholder engagement processes and activities. This position will suit an applicant with demonstrated drive and initiative and excellent communication and consultation skills. Experience in analysing, developing, and executing communication initiatives and plans and/or a degree in a relevant field such as communication, marketing, public relations, change management or public policy will be highly regarded
- Develop content and implement communication initiatives against agreed timeframes.
- Contribute to the development of key messages for the program.
- Develop appropriate communication plans to support relevant stakeholder groups, aligned to project schedules and milestones.
- Develop communication artefacts for internal and external audiences across a variety of media (focusing on digital/web, presentations/briefings, visual communication).
- Contribute to timely and informative updates and reports for key stakeholders, including the Department Executive covering outputs and outcomes.
- Support communication initiatives by providing logistical support when required, such as scheduling meetings and arranging venues.
- Work with others to identify, implement and manage communication channels, where required.
- Proactively support stakeholder engagement processes and activities.
- Contribute to change management activities and assist with the identification of business impacts to support the Departments business areas through the change.
- Proactively identify, escalate (where appropriate) and manage communication risks and issues with the potential to impact on the delivery of the program.
- Comply with all Department work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Has a successful track record of achieving results in a similar role in a complex environment.
- Experience in applying ‘better practice’, practical and results approaches to all aspects of communication.
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients to influence and achieve results.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders including high calibre written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking, use sound judgement and act with integrity.
- Is organised, driven and priority oriented and can work in a fast-paced and emerging environment.
Location and Contract Term: Melbourne based role. The Department would like the succesful applicant to start as soon as possible with contract till 30 June 2020. 2 x 9 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 14 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's