Solution Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Solution Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||November 21, 2019 15:49|
The Department has a requirement for a Solution Design Engineer to provide design, development and implementation services in support of the Department’s adoption of Software, Platform and Infrastructure ‘as a service’ offerings
The role is broad, requiring the successful candidate to exhibit a wide range of skills and experience supporting modern, large and complex federal government departments – both cloud and on-premises focused.
Working to the Director IRS, the solution design engineer will be responsible for:
- Enhancement and development of DFAT’s hybrid cloud and on-premises platforms
- Technical assurance services for project and operational engineering teams
- Development of design and operational documentation
- Attend daily scrums and manage work items assigned using Microsoft DevOps and the Agile methodology
- Ensure cloud solutions align to better practice and whole of government cyber security overlay and compliance with the Essential 8.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing on-premises and ‘as a service’ capabilities;
- Experience and skills across a broad range of ICT systems and environments, including mobility platforms;
- Understanding and experience in the application of Systems Engineering methodologies for complex ICT system development;
- Experience in the delivery and integration of complex ICT Systems; and
- Ability to provide engineering guidance and leadership within one or more technology domains.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A NV1 security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 27 November.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's