|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||December 03, 2019 10:59|
In collaboration with Department Data Scientists, the successful candidate(s) will develop analytical solutions to deliver transformative technical projects which provide significant business value to the Department.. The work involves unstructured data modelling to identify risk themes and topics from vast document collections, text mining, image classification and automation.
The successful candidate(s) require an in-depth understanding of data-science concepts and issues with a working knowledge and experience with unstructured data (images and text). They will take the lead in solving complex data-science problems and issues, and guide and mentor others with these requirements.
Utilise data mining techniques and experimental methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes, such as translating text/image into meaningful information that can be linked to structured data and visually presenting in a dashboard to our customers/stakeholder and support overall business outcome.
• Communicate across all levels of the agency confidently, persuasively and sensitively and articulate relevant matters
• Review research and discussion papers to develop skills and to share learnings and information with team
• Work with a cross functional team of analysts, report developers and engineers to move Proof-of-Concept models/products to production for clients
• Manipulate and analyse big data from disparate systems
• Apply in depth knowledge in forecasting, statistics, econometric modelling, linear programming and other optimisation algorithms and quantitative techniques, strong data cleansing skills and experience in devising testing methods
• Develop, enhance and maintain a range of mathematical models to monitor demand and analyse behaviour
• Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of complex issues to influence desired outcomes and actively participate in technical forums both internally and externally
• Work collaboratively in a team environment, consult and share information with others and communicate decisions and progress to achieve work area and business outcomes
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise in reducing vast and disparate data sets into categorised and useful summaries and reports to improve user experiences and support overall business outcomes
• Work closely with project managers and technical leads to meet deliverables and assist in data-driven development of products to industry and agency standards
• Convert stakeholder needs into business requirements and provide analytical solutions to support those needs
• Present data and complex numerical information in a clear and concise manner and clearly communicate statistical concepts to senior and non-technical audiences
• Encourage the use of new technologies and techniques to solve data problems and publish regular reporting and dashboards based on stakeholder engagement
Skills and Experience Required:
• Applies knowledge in unstructured data processing such as Parsing, OCR, Indexing, NER etc. And knowledge in linking unstructured data with structured data (from xml, tables etc.).
• Applies knowledge in UI design and development, such as R Shiny, Superset, and CSS.
• Applies computer programming skills with a diverse range of languages such as R, Python, Scala, Java, et cetera.
• Applies technical knowledge and experience in various data science areas such as data mining, text mining, image processing, data visualisation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, statistical modelling and behavioural analytics.
• Applies experience in data and system engineering, including data pipeline and end-to-end system engineering, to train and productionise analytical models.
• Applies experience in working in Linux environment, Hadoop platform/Clusters.
• Applies technical expertise to support our Big Data Analytics capability, such as the Hadoop Ecosystem
Critically the Job Seeker will have:
• Practical Experience –demonstrable practical experience using Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques, and delivery of analytical solutions to business clients.
Location and Contract Term: This is a Sydney based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance is required or the ability to obtain and maintain.
How to Apply:
Applications close 5 December.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Portfolio Analysis - POMG Level 5
Portfolio Analysis - STPL Level 5
System Hardware Administrator (Multiple) - TF-CI-Hybrid Cloud Level 4 (TSPV)
Security System Administrator/Developer Level 4 (TSPV)