|Job Title:||System Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2019 11:22|
Required knowledge and skills
DSS Level 3 - Advanced Practitioner
- Monitor systems and infrastructure and provide assistance with sustainment support requests, fix and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor and action security alerts and incidents.
- Maintain and upgrade device software and firmware versions and create, implement, and provide feedback on system designs.
- Implement new IT infrastructure. Use public/private cloud APIs to provision, scale and destroy infrastructure as required. Develop tools that allow automation systems to provision infrastructure without assistance. Create and maintain testable infrastructure, including racking, cabling and labelling of current and new infrastructure.
- Assist in the continuous improvement process by developing and enhancing procedures. Design, support, and update documentation and standard operating procedures
- A detailed understanding and ability to design and configure complex IP based networks with a heavy focus on Cisco or Juniper. Qualifications are advantageous, including experience with routing technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, etc.), switching technologies (STP, VLANNTP, FabricPath, etc.), carrier technologies (VPLS, MPLS etc.) and security technologies (IPsec, firewall etc.).
- Experience with network security including enterprise proxy and load balancing systems and experience with different systems and architecture.
- Experience deploying network systems that form part of virtualisation solution from vendors such as VMWare.
- An understanding of Linux based systems and how to integrate them within the network environment.
- Experience in AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMware, 1G/10G networking. Detailed experience in CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Experience in IT systems design including detailed experience in building testable and maintainable systems using continuous integration and deployment technologies.
- Demonstrated administrative skills, including time management and oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively prioritise and allocate tasks.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, 12 Month Contract with
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. NV1 Security Clearance is required (and be willing to undertake a PA)
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 December 2019
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's