Cloud Automation Engineer
|Job Title:||Cloud Automation Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2019 17:04|
The key elements of the work include:
The role is within the Enterprise Solutions and Technology business line, within the Infrastructure Services branch of Service Operations. The role will report to the Cloud Automation and Technical Services team leader. Cloud Services comprises approximately 40 staff covering many disciplines of IT as they relate to Cloud use in the department.
About the Role
Cloud Services is responsible to deliver a large program of work to migrate applications to Public Cloud infrastructure from Development through to Production. This will improve application delivery lifecycle and enable agile development and DevOps. A Cloud Automation Engineer will be part of the team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. As a specialist within a team, there is a requirement to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
Requirements gathering will be required to help develop a framework for deployment of the departments applications. The role will require leadership and experience to optimize opportunities and associated risks to improve the solution and related services.
Other role demands include the production of quality process documentation, effective client engagement and primary contact for development teams.
Our Ideal Job Seeker
• Participate and represent Cloud Services across technical meeting/working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects impacting application cloud migration.
• Document “How To” documents for enabling PaaS services within the department
• Work with the Application Teams to define Application Cloud Architecture for applications in scope a cloud migration.
• Work as a technical resource on enabling PaaS services across the two public clouds the department used for hosting workloads.
• Work in agile team environment to deploy and trouble-shoot new PaaS services and application automation in lower levels as well as production
• Participate in solution concepts, capacity planning and design artefacts as a part of project team.
• Work as a technical resource to build, configure and then support Containers to support the hosting strategy.
• Work in multi-vendor environment (MVE) to assist on Disaster Recovery, business continuity and solutions in cloud.
• Create high level technical designs or use when building new PaaS services that will be used by application teams
• Continuous improvement of developer experience by analysing the changing developer needs and designing and proposing an appropriate solution to meet their changing requirements in consultation with Service Operations and Enterprise Architecture
Successful candidate would have (Core Skillset):
• Extensive experience in Public Cloud design and implementation activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge and or experience in:
• Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure, VMware/vSphere Virtualization
• Automated workflows/pipelines
• Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
• Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
• Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
• Strong understanding of cloud native characteristics and how architectures can deliver them
• Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments and ability to lead agile teams
• Good understanding of high availability and resilient environments is a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of TOGAF or other architectural frameworks and or methodologies
• Ability to develop and provide training to staff
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, 12 Month Contract with 2 X 6 Months possible extension options
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. Ability to obtain a baseline Security Clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 January 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's