IT Technical Specialist - Whitelisting
|Job Title:||IT Technical Specialist - Whitelisting|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||December 10, 2019 17:50|
The key elements of the work include:
The role is within the Enterprise Solutions and Technology business line, within the Infrastructure Services branch of Service Operations. The role will report to the Cloud Services Support director. Cloud Services comprises approximately 40 staff covering many disciplines of IT as they relate to Cloud use in the department
About The Role
The Whitelisting specialist will be part of the team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. As a specialist within a team, there is a requirement to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
We are extending the existing development support services by the branch, the rules for whitelisting are required to be developed for the many applications, in non-Production environments.
Requirements gathering will be required to help develop a framework for deployment of applications. The role will require leadership and experience to optimize opportunities and associated risks to improve the solution and related services.
Other role demands include the production of quality process documentation, effective client engagement and primary contact for development teams.
The successful candidate (Duty Statement):
- Represent the Cloud Services group as a business analyst working with multiple teams across the department.
- Be responsible for creating relevant documentation.
- Assist with design documentation as required for new application proposing the whitelisting rules.
- Analyse specific impacts of automation and deliver processes for integrating disparate services.
- Work in agile team environment to and be responsible for creating Product backlogs with detailed description and acceptance criteria.
- Apply technical skills to support workable solutions that meet business requirements.
- Provide strategic guidance, leadership to team members including developing, coaching and mentorship of junior or less experienced staff.
Successful candidate would have (Core Skillset):
- Specialist knowledge of Symantec DCS including installation and configuration
- Specialist knowledge of Symantec SEP including installation and configuration
- Extensive knowledge and troubleshooting Symantec products on Windows and Linux operating system
- Knowledge of REST APIs and at least one scripting language such as PowerShell to allow for creating/maintaining Symantec automations
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux Operating System and ability to troubleshoot and automate.
- Experience with client installation on Linux using Python and bash
- Ability to develop and provide training to staff
Location and Contract Term:
The role is based in Canberra, 12 Month Contract with 2 X 6 Months possible extension options
Applicants must be Australian Citizens. Ability to obtain a baseline Security Clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 January 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information