|Job Title:||Java Developer|
|Start Date:||2020-01-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 12:40|
NEXUS is used by the department’s response division to help coordinate assets in maritime and aviation search and rescue incidents.
Nexus is the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre's (JRCC) information management system. It provides a consistent and flexible way of managing the information passed in and out of the JRCC. It provides tools for operators to manage its information in an efficient, robust way, utilising a server, software framework, operational workstations, computer telephony and large electronic wall displays. Nexus is designed to support the way the JRCC works.
The purpose of Nexus is to:
* Track and record the status of all JRCC incidents for Aviation, Maritime and general search and rescue (SAR) incidents
* Capture statistics and performance indicators required for the efficient management of the JRCC
* Obtain data on SAR equipment loaded and deployed
* Provide administrative and financial information
* Provide input to monthly reporting
* Provide data to assist in ad-hoc inquiries.
Nexus has two main functions, the NEXUS workstation and Nexus wall display.
The Nexus Workstation - provides a single, unified, multiple faceted environment. It facilitates the management of information from different business functions. It is designed so an operator can focus on the part of business they are responsible for while maintaining access to other facets.
The Nexus Workstation has two main windows: The Information Display and the Mapping Display.
The Nexus Workstation provides tools to access and maintain the JRCC reference databases including Contacts, Vessels, Aircraft and the Gazetteer.
Using the Nexus Workstation operators can:
* View potential data for an incident on maps
* Find potential sites based on set criteria
* Analyse locations
The Nexus Wall Display - is an application running on Nexus image servers which is responsible for loading/maintaining content display on the large VD Boards located in the JRCC.
Nexus from a development perspective is more aptly described as an ecosystem of applications that support the above business functions with a JAVA back end and a .NET front end. Satellite communications, messaging, asset, drift detection and prediction and application health monitoring are just some of the components these roles will be required to support.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 8 years Java experience, enterprise design patterns, JPA, JEE an advantage, reactive programming an advantage. Web service development, SOAP and REST APIs.
- Maven lifecycle management, Continuous Integration, Unit and System Integration testing.
- Major database experience, including data modelling, stored procedures. Oracle preferred.
- Unix/Linux, Bash.
- AWS development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to be 24x7 on-call. On average one call a fortnight for the backend dev team. Historically calls escalated to the dev team between 10pm and 6am are rare (one per year).
Canberra based. 12 Month Contract with 2 x 12 Month extension option
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 26 January 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's