System Administrator (Linux)
|Job Title:||System Administrator (Linux)|
|Contact Name:||Kate Kornsasi|
|Job Published:||January 20, 2020 10:28|
Skills and Knowledge required:
1. Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
2. Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
3. General network knowledge and experience an advantage.
4. Experience in the following technologies:
• Software defined storage technologies (i.e. CEPH).
• Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS, e.g. Red Hat OpenStack, AWS);
• Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS, e.g. Red Hat Open Shift).
• Containers (e.g. Docker) technologies.
• Elastic Search (ES).
1. Identify the hardware and software system requirements for Cyber Security systems:
- Design Cyber Security systems in accordance with agreed enterprise technology stack and design patterns.
- Ensure that hardware designs balance functional, service quality, security, systems management and sustainability requirements.
- Contribute to enterprise technology selection policies.
3. Design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage.
4. Identify and analyse system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
5. Identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra, with minimal travel, however the ability to self-transport between local sites in the most efficient means is required. There may be some overseas and domestic travel required for one of the roles. Contract term: 24 months.
Security Requirements: Current Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12 month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 5th February or until position is filled.
Call Kate 0447 199 931 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
System Administrator Level 5 (TSPV)
System Hardware Administrator Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator Level 3 (TSPV)
System Support Engineer (multiple positions) Level 4 (TSPV)