Assistant Project Manager
|Job Title:||Assistant Project Manager|
|Start Date:||2020-01-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2020 15:11|
• Lead activities to plan, monitor and manage one or more work packages for the project including the work take on process and execution of work orders between the project and external organisations and service providers, including:
o Work Pack Planning and Reporting
o Work Pack Schedule Synchronisation and Tracking
o Work Pack Risk and Issue Coordination
o Contract/Work Order Development and Management
o Contract/Work Order Monitoring
o Contractor Deliverable Governance and Review
• Support a senior project manager with project planning, project financial management, project reporting and project risk management.
• Participate in meetings with our customers and supporting service providers.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors where required.
Skills and Experience Required:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable experience in procurement, financial management, contract management, risk management and stakeholder engagement preferably within a government setting.
- Skilled and effective communicator, both spoken and written with the ability to convey complex ideas to non-IT audience.
- A team focus with the ability to show initiative and do what needs to be done to help the team deliver.
- Ability to participate in project meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in a high tempo project or contract management environment.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Project.
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline from a recognised institution, and/or equivalent relevant experience (preferably within the industry)
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 12 Month Contract
Must be an Australian Citizen. NVI Security Clearance required willing to upgrade to NV2
How to Apply:
Applications close 30 January 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's