|Job Title:||User Researcher|
|Start Date:||2020-01-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2020 14:05|
The Department is setting up a multi-disciplinary team to deliver the whole of government Hosting Strategy.
The role of User Researcher will be to deliver high performance results, working with data centre and telecommunications SMEs, driving research activities for whole-of-government initiatives. You will be responsible for helping build an understanding of users’ (industry and government) needs, requirements, limitations and motivations. This will then create actionable insights that guide policy design.
As part of the Hosting and Secure Cloud strategy team you will take the lead on developing research methods/plans; and provide up-to-date, accurate, assumption-free understanding of the Australian data centre landscape. You will lead the team to analyse and synthesise the data, design and test hypotheses, translate data into visual models and communicate findings to stakeholders.
This will inform advice/recommendations for decision making, strategy, briefing material and development of the Hosting Certification Framework and telecommunications business case. It will also help shape whole-of-government advice about the hosting, processing and securing of data managed by Australian Government agencies.
You will also assist in research and discovery activities, such as the Secure Cloud Strategy.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience in designing and running conceptual, contextual and discovery research; to develop a deep understanding of the needs of all users of a service - 20%
- Proven capability to probe and search for meaning, and patterns, in human and operational behaviour; using a variety of research methods, tools and software - 20%
- Demonstrated experience with synthesis and sensemaking of qualitative research so the data and insight is consumable by the team - 20%
- Proven capability to inform design hypotheses, utilising user research, which improves services; and then work with team members to test this input - 20%
- Strong proficiency in translating user research data to insights and
- visual modelling. Supported by compelling written, visual and verbal communication of skills to effectively communicate findings and outcomes - 20%
Canberra based. 6 Month Contract with 1 x 6 Month extension option
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
How to Apply:
Applications close 29 January 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information