Behaviour Therapist - Canberra Casual
|Job Title:||Behaviour Therapist - Canberra Casual|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McCluskey|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2020 15:17|
About the Company
The Department is a service provider priding themselves in positive behaviour support assessment and interventions for complex individuals, both young and old. The ACT Team are looking for a new Behaviour Therapist to join our ever expanding team.
The role requires the Behaviour Therapist to work under the supervision of a Behaviour Support Practitioner to implement programs designed for the individual. The role requires working with individuals with a disability or complex mental health difficulties.
You will often be working alongside a number of other professionals such as Psychologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists. As such you will need great communication skills.
The role requires you to engage the client in therapy within the community and their natural environments such as their home, school, workplace, and day placement.
Skills and Experience Required.
• Working with Vulnerable People's Card (WWVP)
• Current drivers licence and use of own vehicle (Comprehensive Car Insurance is a MUST)
• A relevant degree or working towards a relevant degree
• Ability to work independently and self-directed
• Willingness to complete a Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) Course within the first 6 months
• Strong communication skills and time management
• Previous experience working with disability or mental health concerns
• Flexible Hours: work around your current commitments - YOU make your schedule around your client’s needs
• Generous hourly wage
• Ongoing supervision by Behaviour Support Practitioners
• Travel allowance provided
• In-field training provided for clients
Location - Canberra
Travel is expected and Tertiary qualifications are desired but not essential
The role is part time with the ability to work towards full-time employment along with opportunities to progress to a behaviour support practitioner role. The hours are negotiable, but it is recommended that a minimum of 15 hours can be made available. Please note, hours are not immediate, rather will build up once settled into the role with a client or two. We provide hours based on experience, confidence and willingness to learn.
NB. Individuals who apply for this role are expected to undertake an emotional intelligence test before being offered a role with us.