|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2020 18:58|
- Perform data interrogation, validation, dash boarding and modelling using efficient and effective Oracle SQL and provide feedback to ETL/data quality solutions.
- Query and interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Skills and Experience Required:
Capability Required for the Role:
- Demonstrated experience in the role of a data analyst or equivalent on a large technology project.
- Experience in the facilitation of technical teams during planning, design activities.
- The analyst must then use his or her initiative to interpret the raw data and identify any patterns in it, interpretations which might be included in a presentation or report
- Compiling Excel spreadsheets and using Visual Basic for Applications will constitute another routine part of the work, as will coding and re-coding data contained within various databases to identify patterns.
- Present findings of the data analysis in an accessible and unambiguous way, often with the use of graphic features such as graphs
- Expected to communicate and consult with clients directly and will be responsible for compiling and presenting final reports.
- An ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to prioritise multiple deliverables and respond under pressure with competing deadlines.
Desirable Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- A proven track record in business intelligence, business analysis and data architecture, influencing BI projects and working with other team members across the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields – math, stats, computer science or something closely related to these fields.
- Experience with database design and development
- Extensive data warehouse design experience required, including the following:
o Data modelling and ETL principles
o Data warehouse interface specification
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships, including performance monitoring and reporting requirements
- Strong liaison and interpersonal skills including the ability to: o Engage with requesting business areas and other project stakeholders:
o Negotiate outcomes between business and technical areas
o Work closely with staff to facilitate systems development.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. Immediate start until 30 June 2020 plus 1 X 12 month extension
Must be an Australian Citizen. A Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 24 February 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's