Assistant Director, Employee Relation
|Job Title:||Assistant Director, Employee Relation|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2020 16:42|
This will involve liaising with various stakeholders and representing the department in a range of industrial and employee relations forums. High level communication, liaison and negotiation skills are necessary to achieving positive outcomes across a range of workplace issues.
Working under limited supervision, this position is responsible for:
- The development, implementation and review of strategic human resource frameworks, policies and procedures relating to:
- industrial and employee relations; and
- organisational design, including structural review processes.
- The provision of quality client services, guidance and support to staff and managers on a range of HR management policies and practices
- The preparation and analysis of reports to identify workforce trends and inform the development of strategies and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Representing the Directorate at various forums; and
- Supporting the Senior Director, People and Development in the delivery of strategic HR services to the department businesses.
Skills and Experience Required:
Professional / Technical Skills and Knowledge
- A high level of understanding, knowledge and experience of the workplace, industrial and administrative frameworks governing employee relations in a public sector setting.
- Ability to provide high level, accurate, considered and timely industrial and employee relations advice to the departments executives and managers.
- High level liaison, negotiation, written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare a range of correspondence, reports and submissions.
- Demonstrated high levels of research, analytical and reporting skills
- Proven high level of representational and interpersonal skills in order to foster and maintain solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Tertiary studies or extensive relevant experience in a human resource related discipline is highly desirable.
Canberra based. 6 Month Contract
Must be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
How to Apply:
Please send applications ASAP
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information