Senior Security Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Security Infrastructure Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2020 14:26|
The primary purpose for the role is to assist with solution detail design, deployment, integration, migration of current services to the new platform and transition to operational support.
- Design, build and support of data centre infrastructure and platforms including compute, storage, vitalisation and network technologies.
- Prepare detailed design including documentation and diagrams
- Plan and execute deployment of new infrastructure into data centres
- Plan and execute physical and logical integration of new devices and systems into the existing customer environment
- Plan and document test cases to verify the function of the new systems
- System documentation for operational handover
- Attend project meeting
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5-10 year experience in design, build and support of large data centre infrastructure with multiple vendor platforms.
- Experience in design, configuration and support of large and complex solutions including Dell, VMWARE, Nutanix, AWS
- Design, implementation and support of compute platforms including Dell server systems.
- Experience with deployment of various virtualisation technologies including VMware, Nutanix, Puppet etc. with thorough understanding of platform orchestration and Identity management platforms.
- Must have experience building and troubleshooting Ubuntu based SOE environments
- Experience with data centre switching platform including Cisco and Juniper will be advantageous
- Experience with SOAR technologies such as DEMISTO and Splunk will be advantageous.
- Experience working in highly secure government environments with a deep understanding of the ASD ISM controls and their applicability to operational systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of presentation and engagement with customers
- Standard working week with some requirement for afterhours change implementation
- Some travel to Sydney
To be successful in this role you require:
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with an ability to develop professional relationships within internal/external stakeholders and partners (TPVs)
- Excellent documentation skills, ability to develop technical design documentation and diagrams, operational handover documentation
- Problem solving skills including systematic troubleshooting approach
- Self-managed, take ownership for technical outcomes of project work within the allocated timeframes and budget
- Experience working in project teams
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts in simple language to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrable capabilities in developing Detailed Designs that maintain operational sustainability.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 3 positions - 12 Month Contract to start ASAP – 11 Month Contract to start in April and 7 Month Contract to start in August.
Must be an Australian Citizen. A NV1 Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information