IT Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Systems Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 09:50|
A IT Systems Administrator oversees system installations, as well as monitoring and maintaining the Agency's ICT servers and evaluating new server hardware and software.
The IT Systems Administrator manages, implements and ensures the ongoing maintenance of processes to ensure effective provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems infrastructure.
The IT Systems Administrator communicates effectively across a range of media types, using various styles to suit different audiences both technical and non-technical. They understand and embrace the Agency's various ways of working and are agile in approaches to collaboration and delivery of services.
1. Investigate and resolve issues relating to applications and maintenance, documenting processes and providing advice and guidance to the team
2. Analyse existing operating policies to determine the appropriate course of action to meet changing client needs, statutory requirements or technological demands and use innovation to improve processes
3. Research and analyse current IT system best practice, investigate and resolve any issues identified by stakeholders and make recommendations
4. Identify and address issues, risks and uncertainties and apply all established processes, methodologies and procedures to system maintenance, installation and issue resolution
5. Maintain, support and upgrade technologies and resolve operational issues
6. Review and adapt to new tools and methodologies, schedule and deliver changes to meet targets and service levels
7. Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, actively engage in knowledge transfer, share information, consult and train others to achieve the work area and team objectives
Skills and Experience Required:
Our ideal job seeker will have experience in:
» Cloud migration experience (AWS preferred)
» Experiencing installing and configuring:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft SQL 2016
- AWS cloud server instances
» vRealize Automation (VRA) experience for server blueprinting
» Experience using Powershell to automatically deploy applications to infrastructure
Experience in the following is also desirable:
» OpenText CCM Suite experience - installing and configuring jobs/queues/channels in Communication Server
» Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps
» Git version control
» Enterprise Application Integration
Location and Contract Term: Brisbane (Chermside) based role. Contract till January 2021 with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 February.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Systems Administrator Level 4 (TSPV)
Systems Engineer: Weapon Systems Architecture & Modelling (level 3) (NV1)
Systems Engineer: Weapon Systems Requirements (level 3) (NV1)
Systems Engineer Level 4 (TSPV)