IT Application Developer
|Job Title:||IT Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 10:03|
The IT Application Developer undertakes a range of technical and administrative tasks and activities to design, build, test and maintain IT applications across the Department and involves work in the following areas: Midrange applications and CoTS products.
The IT Application Developer understands common design patterns. They communicate effectively across a range of media types, using various styles to suit different audiences. They work within Multi-client/multi- vendor projects, stakeholders, workshops and elicit requirements to create technical architecture documentation.
They understand and embrace the Departments various ways of working and are agile in their approach to collaboration and delivery of services.
1. Deliver project outcomes or activities involving the development and/or maintenance of computer applications, in accordance with Department standards and guidelines
2. Contribute to the development lifecycle which may include analysis, design, build, testing, documenting, implementation and maintenance
3. Undertake problem solving and incident resolution and demonstrate an understanding of change control and release management procedures
4. Provide advice and undertake more complex activities associated with developing and/or supporting computer applications
5. Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements
6. Research and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
7. Develop and maintain necessary levels of expertise and take responsibility for sharing knowledge with others
8. Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, actively engage in knowledge transfer, share information, consult and train others to achieve the work area and team objectives
Skills and Experience Required:
Our ideal job seeker will have experience in:
» Cloud migration experience (AWS preferred)
» C#/.NET proficiency
» Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps/Azure DevOps experience, including build pipelines
» Git version control
Experience in the following is also desirable:
» OpenText CCM Suite experience (Communication Server, Exstream, Design Manager)
» MSSQL databases
» Version control repository migration (e.g. TFS to Git)
» Enterprise Application Integration
Location and Contract Term: Brisbane (Chermside) based role. Contract till January 2021 with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply.
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 February.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's