EL1/EL2 Actuarial Analyst
|Job Title:||EL1/EL2 Actuarial Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Caitlin Clark|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2020 16:02|
A position is available for an experienced statistician (of 5-10 years experience or more) and/or an actuary (generally a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia with some post-qualification experience), who will be responsible for: working with the scheme actuary on the development and update of the actuarial monitoring reports, regular and adhoc investigations, content for public reporting and standard management reports, includes the application of statistical theories and techniques to interpret disability data, providing insights to Agency’s corporate priorities, with a particular emphasis on actionable insights based on statistical results - Mentoring of more junior members of the team developing their actuarial and statistical knowledge
- Qualifications in an appropriate statistical area, with five to ten years experience or more, and/or an actuary (generally a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia with some post-qualification experience).
- Experience in working with large and sensitive data sets in the human services and disability area
- Experience with advanced statistical and mathematical modelling techniques. Experience in extraction and analysis of data and the use of statistical software and statistical modelling packages (SAS preferred and R is welcome).
- Experience in data linkage and data cleaning and quality analysis
- An understanding of valuation models and monitoring reports on long-term costs of disability
- Experience in working with disability data
- Experience in extracting data from Information Systems and working on the development of Information Systems
Location and Contract Term:
- Sydney Based.
- 12 Months Contract
- Ability to obtain Baseline clearance
- Must be Australian citizen
How to Apply:
Applications close 05 March 2020.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Caitlin on 1300 944 936 for any further information