Senior Security Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Security Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Caitlin Clark|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2020 15:36|
The Security Expert uses their in-depth knowledge of specific ICT security models to provide expert advice on the creation and operational maintenance of system roles, access authorisations, and security profiles. The Security Expert works under the broad direction of senior management to deliver quality outcomes. They exercise a considerable degree of independence, with decision-making substantially dependent on their high-level judgement and consideration of wider departmental implications. In performing a technical leadership role, the Security Expert drives innovation, changes in workplace practices and organises work in the context of competing priorities and strategic direction. Cyber Security Branch require an experienced Senior Security Analyst to provide innovative and best practice Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) policy and process technical writing. The Senior Security Analyst will be responsible for reviewing and updating existing security artefacts, policy and processes and/or creating new artefacts, policy and processes to support Departmental compliance with relevant Federal Government frameworks, International standards and Departmental risk frameworks. The Senior Security Analyst will work under the limited direction of senior staff exercising initiative and judgement in interpretation of policy, and in the application of practices and procedures. The Senior Security Analysts decision making is substantially dependent on judgement, skills and knowledge therefore the Security Analyst should have the following skills and experience: DMP RFQ for personnel recruitment 4
• Proven working experience in technical writing.
• Extensive experience with risk and information security frameworks, policies and standards, including the Federal Government PSPF and ISM, and international standards (ISO 27001/2).
• Demonstrated understanding of security risk management processes
• Experience with ICT security concepts within complex ICT environments including:
o Application layer through to networks
o network intrusion detection systems
o network security auditing, penetration testing,
o vulnerability scanning
o security threat and risk assessment
• Understanding of global Cyber Security trends, attack vectors and techniques.
• Tertiary qualification are advantageous
- Experience in supporting similar data implementation projects.
- Experience in working with policy, technical IT and data specialists.
- Experience in developing use cases for government and documenting business requirements.
- Ability to communicate with and influence stakeholders.
- Experience in implementing machine learning capability in a citizen-focused digital transformation programme.
- Demonstrated understanding, or ability to gain such, of the department’s systems across education, skills and employment.
- Canberra Based.
- 3 Months Contract with possible 2 x 12 Month extension option.
- Must have Current NV1 clearance
- Must be Australian citizen
How to Apply:
Applications close 03 March 2020 by 9AM.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Caitlin on 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's