Assistant Director, Internal Fraud Investigations
|Job Title:||Assistant Director, Internal Fraud Investigations|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 19:31|
This position makes a critical contribution to safeguarding public confidence in the Agency. You will play a valued leadership role in a highly responsive and contemporary Scheme Integrity Branch, leading internal and external fraud investigations. The Branch supports the Agency and its partners in preventing, detecting and responding to threats in delivering the Department.
This role requires the ability to lead and contribute in different investigation business, depending on Branch pressures. You will lead a team in the investigation of potential fraud, unauthorised access, misconduct and other criminal offences committed against the Agency/Scheme. In doing so, you will use initiative and discretion in the interpretation of policy and the application of practices and procedures, utilising sound judgement, skills and knowledge.
Involved in more than just investigations, you will work collaboratively with other business units in the development and implementation of strategies promoting the Agency’s overall fraud response framework.
You will provide guidance and support in identifying and managing highly complex and sensitive cases of fraud and criminal offences committed against the Department.
You will work autonomously in leading and developing the team to carry out investigations of high standards in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
You may be required to develop initiatives to support business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies in line with Agency’s Fraud investigation framework, potentially working across the three investigations teams: Internal Fraud Investigations, NDIS Fraud Taskforce and Fraud Investigations.
This role demands strong leadership, positivity and focus on healthy team and culture, including the support and development of team members. You will manage your own and the team’s workload and priorities. A key requirement is your ability to liaise with stakeholders and represent the branch with credibility and professionalism.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Required qualifications consistent with the Australian Government Investigation Standards are a Diploma of Government [Fraud Investigations] or equivalent as set out in the Public Services Training Package (PSP04) or demonstrated significant experience with the obligation to obtain the required qualification within 12 months of commencement.
- Significant experience in leading fraud response and investigation activities involving members of vulnerable communities, preferably within a public sector environment
- High level of competency in applying both traditional and contemporary fraud response and investigative techniques
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and respond to and prioritise competing and often urgent requests in a calm and efficient manner while maintaining high work standards
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team to succeed within a complex and rapidly changing environment with limited resources
- Written and oral communication skills of a high standard, including experience in reporting to higher levels regarding risk issues
- Extensive experience in conducting fraud investigations relating to vulnerable members of the community, including within the public sector.
- High level of competency in applying both traditional and contemporary fraud investigative techniques.
- It is highly desirable that applicants have an understanding of or lived experience in disability.
Melbourne based. 12 Month Contract
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain NV1 Security Clearance Required
How to Apply:
Applications close 8 March 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information