Big Data Engineer
|Job Title:||Big Data Engineer|
|Start Date:||2020-03-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2020 14:24|
The Integrated Information Environment (IIE) Program is a multiyear program based on a premise that information is the ‘raw material’ of policing and should be managed according to a value chain. IIE Program will deliver capabilities to support the entire value chain to use information assets to full operational advantage and transition into information-centric culture imperative for the modern law enforcement agency.
A Big Data (Hadoop) Engineer is required to facilitate the development and deployment of the new capabilities within the department.
The Services, delivered in collaboration with and under supervision by nominated personnel, include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide best practice advice and technical leadership on implementation of data streams within a Hadoop platform.
• Development of data streams using Apache NiFi, Spark and Kafka (or equivalent technologies).
• Vendor engagement/product evaluation and on-going maintenance of infrastructure deployed at regional sites
• Provide technical direction / advice to vendors performing professional services on behalf of the department.
• Assist T&I staff with implementing new solutions into the ICT environment.
• Work effectively in a small team environment
• Provide knowledge/skills transfer to other team members
• Record and maintain files/information in accordance with requirements
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience with the development of data streaming and processing pipelines using Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka, Apache HBase, HDFS, and Apache Spark.
- Data development and management experience including but not limited to data migration, modelling and analytics.
- Proven experience implementing role based access control within a analytics platform.
- Proven DevOps experience in large infrastructure environment, big data platform experience including but not limited to administration and support for a Hortonworks/Cloudera/Hadoop platform.
- Proven system implementation and integration skills, including but not limited to; systems configuration and change management process and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Expertise in the following technologies:
o Graph databases (Neo4J).
o JSON, Java, Elasticsearch
o Database administration and management experience including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, Oracle and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience working in the government sector especially with agencies that run sensitive solutions
- Experience with containerisation technologies
- Automation experience in private or public cloud, relevant qualifications and certifications.
- Experience working in Agile Development environments.
- Experience with package management tools and practices (e.g. SNYK).
Location and Contract Term:
Brisbane based. 12 Month Contract with extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain NV1 Security Clearance Required
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 March 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Data Engineer level 5 (NV2/TSPV)
ID18404 Software Engineer – Research Data Management x 1
Internet Gateway Engineer
(NV1) Kubernetes Engineer x 2
(NV1/NV2 preferred) Systems Engineer - Requirements Writer