|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2020 14:45|
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Essential - Extensive experience and comprehensive knowledge of database administration and database server management in a Microsoft environment
- Experience configuring and managing database servers for backup and disaster recovery
- Configure and sustain (monitor, test and apply patches and upgrades for) database servers and supporting tools to ensure system integrity and security, adhere to change management processes in coordinating outages. Diagnose and resolve database system and environment problems; implement break-fixes to aid dependent ICT service restoration with a focus on creation of self-healing capabilities and automated scaling of services to support demand growth. Draw on external resources as needed and provide specialist advice to colleagues.
- Conduct secure and robust transformations of existing data sets to meet environmental changes and business requirements; test database server software and supporting tools under environmental changes such as version updates, load management and user identity changes.
- Security Administration: Investigate and resolve access control and data security concerns, record investigation steps and outcomes as directed, configure and implement system features and fixes to resolve security issues and maintain good security, escalate to management as necessary.
- Identify operational problems and lead investigation, analysis and resolution. Research and undertake proactive maintenance addressing capability deficiencies or ongoing system performance issues under changing environmental factors. Initiate collaboration with technical staff supporting related services in other teams to resolve issues with EAS services or where EAS service operation affects other services. Provide system status updates to stakeholders by email, updates to tasking systems and in person.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. Contract term - 12 months.
Security Requirements: Current Top Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) security clearance is strongly preferred, however candidates who have held a TSPV in the previous 12 month period (which has since been downgraded) may be considered.
SFIA security level required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4.
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 17 April or until position is filled.
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network Infrastructure Database Administrator Level 3 (TSPV)
Oracle Database Developer
System Administrator (Hadoop) Level 4 (TSPV)
System Administrator (Hadoop) Level 5 (TSPV)
System Administrator (System design) Level 3 (TSPV)