|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2020 18:55|
The Lawyer will, under limited direction:
- Prepare legal advice and information on legal issues relevant to the department, including the interpretation and application of legislation and case law.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Department’s internal quality assurance framework.
- Prepare responses to requests from staff and stakeholders.
- Perform research and analysis of legal issues.
- Provide administrative and clerical support the Department Executive in relation to Legal Casework, including document management activities associated with external review matters.
- Work cooperatively with members of the Department and staff to contribute to the management and strategic planning of Department’s work.
- Other duties as required.
- A law degree from a recognised higher education provider (or equivalent overseas qualification), admission as a legal practitioner in an Australian state or territory and a current legal practising certificate (or the capacity to obtain a practising certificate) is mandatory.
Canberra or Sydney based will be Remote working will be mandatory. 3 Month Contract with multiple options to extend.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Police Check is required.
Bring your own (BYO) device (mandatory)
Successful personnel must have the ability to provide their own device due to the shortage of laptops and other mobile devices. Devices will be configured to allow for remote access to necessary department infrastructure.
How to Apply:
Applications close 4 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information