|Job Title:||User Researchers|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2020 20:59|
As a User Researcher, you are responsible for helping your team develop a deep understanding of your service’s users, their behaviours and their needs. You will take the lead on planning and carrying out a wide variety of user research activities in line with the Departments Service Design and Delivery process.
You will do research with a wide range of people in order to ensure an inclusive approach to service and interaction design, and to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use. You are responsible for communicating findings back to the whole team and creating actionable insights to guide design.
Key duties and capabilities
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to ensure the identification and prioritisation of the work that benefits users.
- Plan and conduct a range of research including contextual enquiry, usability testing, depth interviews, diary studies and other research techniques as relevant
- Provide actionable insights to your team to help enable the design of successful, user focused services
- Create design hypotheses to improve the service and work with your team to run design experiments
- Identify user needs and ensure that your team understands them and keeps user at front of mind when making product and prioritisation decisions
- Have previous experience in agile and work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to articulate clear and actionable insights and recommendations, and in multiple ways (such as service maps, customer journeys etc)
- Contribute to the department research and design community
Canberra or Sydney based will be Remote working will be mandatory. 3 Month Contract with multiple options to extend.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Police Check is required.
Bring your own (BYO) device (mandatory)
Successful personnel must have the ability to provide their own device due to the shortage of laptops and other mobile devices. Devices will be configured to allow for remote access to necessary department infrastructure.
How to Apply:
Applications close 4 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's