Risk & Governance Specialist
|Job Title:||Risk & Governance Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2020 21:32|
As part of the Audit and Risk Management team you will be responsible for ensuring the agency has a comprehensive, integrated and systematic approach to managing risks and ensuring effective risk management practices are embedded in planning and decision-making processes. The team and its members will lead, work independently or as part of a small team on various projects or responses to business request.
Key duties and capabilities
- Sound knowledge of the Department’s operations or ability to quickly acquire that knowledge.
- Development and implementation of Enterprise Risk Management Analysis and Reporting Strategy.
- High level policy development skills including sound knowledge, or the ability to quickly obtain sound knowledge of the government’s and the agency’s risk management policy and framework.
- High level written and oral communication skills including the ability to manage secretariat functions for Agency committees (eg. Audit Committee) and conduct risk workshops.
- High level reporting skills including ability to prepare strategic and operational risk reports for strategic committees and the executive.
- High level negotiation skills including the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound judgement including ability to quickly identify issues, synthesize complex information, discern implications for the agency and provide a range of options and/or solutions in response to the issues
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra or Sydney based, Remote working will be mandatory. 3 Month Contract with multiple options to extend.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Police Check is required.
Bring your own (BYO) device (mandatory)
Successful personnel must have the ability to provide their own device due to the shortage of laptops and other mobile devices. Devices will be configured to allow for remote access to necessary department infrastructure.
How to Apply:
Applications close 4 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information