|Job Title:||Delivery Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 14:14|
The Delivery Manager will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills and delivery management skills. The product team will be undertaking discovery work on a key digital product, with a target commencement date of 20 April 2020.
The Delivery Manager will be accountable under the general direction of the Project Manager for the planning, management and delivery of a key digital project and services. The role is responsible for enabling the agile teams to deliver high-quality services and to remove obstacles or blockers to progress and facilitate project meetings.
The Delivery Manager will work closely with the Product Manager and the rest of the team to define the vision and the roadmap and to ensure the timely delivery of projects and services. This includes keeping team members and projects on track and ensuring common priorities feeding this into the prioritisation of work. This will ensure that all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for various release stages (alpha/beta/production/live).
Please note that the product team is largely working remotely for the foreseeable future. This presents a challenge for engaging with stakeholders that a successful candidate will have to navigate. The suitable candidate will initially be required to work remotely, in the longer term onsite, as part of the team at the Department. The successful candidate will attend and actively participate in project planning events as required. And deliver work in a self-managing multi-disciplined team environment.
You will need to Bring Your Own (BYO) device in the early stages of the engagement. Access will be granted to the agency’s systems based on security clearance and need to know requirements.
• Work closely with the product manager to plan how to deliver the service and products and help remove blockers to progress
• Ensure the team works in an agile way and builds a user-centred service
• Reduce risk by regularly releasing and improving parts of the service and iterate frequently to meet user needs
• Monitor team delivery including development and execution of project delivery plan
• Lead and manage large stakeholder groups focused on business and project outcomes including priorities
• Establish and maintain operational methods, procedures in assigned area of responsibility and reviews them regularly for effectiveness and efficiency
• Develop and contribute to project documentation including but not limited to project plan, developing procedures, exception and estimation reports and managing up / escalation of risks and issues of the product.
• Conduct procurement activities to support product and wider organisational requirements
• Run daily stand up, weekly team meetings and regular Agile ceremonies
• Ensure that the product backlog is up to date
• The role may be required undertake operational requirements as required by the Product Manager.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Agile product development, particularly Jira
- Extensive experience as a successful delivery manager
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level advisory to product manager, to inform and achieve product roadmap development and delivery outcomes and meet user needs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve delivery goals, synthesise user feedback and prioritise competing roadmap deliverables and user requirements against team workflows.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
Canberra based. 6 Month Contract with 1 x 6 Months extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance Required
How to Apply:
Applications close 6 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's