Legal and Policy Officer
|Job Title:||Legal and Policy Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2020 16:53|
The Legal and Policy officer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills and legal skills. The product team will be undertaking discovery work on a key digital product, with a target commencement date of 20 April 2020. The Legal and Policy officer role will be accountable under the general direction of the Product Manager for the planning, management and delivery of a key digital project and services. The role is responsible for providing legal counsel and policy advice enabling the agile teams to deliver high-quality services. The suitable candidate will work closely with the Product Manager and the rest of the team to support the vision and the roadmap and to ensure the timely delivery of legal and policy advice. Remote Working Please note that the product team is largely working remotely for the foreseeable future. This presents a challenge for engaging with stakeholders that a successful candidate will have to navigate. The suitable candidate will initially be required to work remotely, in the longer term onsite, as part of the team at the Department. The successful candidate will attend and actively participate in project planning events as required. And deliver work in a self-managing multi-disciplined team environment. A condition of engagement is that proposed personnel have the required resources to work remotely.
Additional expenses incurred by Supplier proposed personnel will not be accepted by the department. BYO Device You will need to BYO device in the early stages of the engagement. Access will be granted to the agency’s systems based on security clearance and need to know requirements. The DTA can onboard remotely and IT support staff will be available in both its offices in Canberra and Sydney if needed. Job description
• Prepare legal advice and information on legal issues relevant to the product team’s scope of work, including the interpretation and application of relevant legislation.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the project’s internal quality assurance framework.
• Prepare responses to requests from staff and stakeholders.
• Perform research and analysis of legal issues.
• Provide administrative and clerical support to the product manager and team in relation to legal matters, including documentation of management activities associated with review matters.
• Work cooperatively with members of the department and staff to contribute to the management and strategic planning of Departments taskforce and broader work program.
• Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive experience as a successful legal and policy adviser.
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level advisory to product manager, on legal and policy matters and the delivery of related outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve policy issues and legal matters and prioritise deliverables, aligned to team goals and workflows.
- A law degree from a recognised higher education provider (or equivalent overseas qualification), admission as a legal practitioner in an Australian state or territory and a current legal practising certificate (or the capacity to obtain a practising certificate) is mandatory.
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile product development, particularly JIREssential Criteria
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra or Sydney based. Remote Working. 6 Month Contract with 1 x 6 Months extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance Required
How to Apply:
Applications close 6 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information