|Job Title:||User Researcher|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2020 18:41|
The role will provide user-focused services that meet digital standards and contributes to the development and continual enhancement of products and the user experience.
You will work closely with the service designer to plan and conduct service design activities, including user research meetings and co-design workshops, stakeholder workshops, prototyping and deliver service design artefacts, such as customer journeys, user share-backs, reports, presentations, concepts, or prototyping.
The role of User Researcher will be to deliver high performance results, working with data centre and telecommunications SMEs, driving research activities for whole-of-government initiatives. You will be responsible for helping build an understanding of users’ (industry and government) needs, requirements, limitations and motivations. This will then create actionable insights that guide product design aligned to the product roadmap and goals As part of the product team you will take the lead on developing research methods/plans and provide up-to-date, accurate, assumption-free understanding of user feedback. You will lead the team to analyse and synthesise the data, design and test hypotheses, translate data into visual models and communicate findings to product team and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Build understanding of the product users and their behaviours, informed by advice/recommendations for decision making, strategy, briefing material and development of the product design.
- Work closely with the service designer to reduce risk by regularly releasing and improving parts of the service and test and iterate frequently to meet user needs
- Help shape and build the product solution with responsibility of the product’s day-to-day user research program. Ensuring that the product meets user needs and is fit-for-purpose
- Ensure high quality, actionable insights and opportunities are delivered and communicated appropriately to all relevant stakeholders. This includes drawing on regular user feedback and knowledge and learnings from relevant programs of work
- Lead and coordinate uplift in user research capability and understanding to deliver services that better meet user needs and service expectations.
- Build continual improvements in user research and service design practices across the product team and the agency.
- Work with the product manager and service / interactive designers to prioritise work to meet user needs.
- Assist product team in the development of service design plans to ensure user-centred product and project success
- Extensive experience as a successful user researcher and working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience mapping user feedback in complex service environments in a current and future state, based on insights and findings from user feedback.
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level user research service design advisory to service designer and product manager, to meet user needs and to inform and achieve product roadmap and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the user experience and translate data into actionable findings, used to improve a product service.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Agile tools, including JIRA.
- Experience working with a range of federal government stakeholders, including experience in whole of government transformation programs.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 6 month contract with 6 month extension option.
Must be an Australian Citizen. A minimum Baseline Security Clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 6 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed Samsam 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SQL Server BI Administrator
Software/Data Engineer (GIS) (NV2)
System Administrator (VMware) Level 5 (TSPV)
System Administrator (VMware) Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT System Administrator - Microsoft Technologies Level 4 (TSPV)