Cloud Architect(CV only EOI)
|Job Title:||Cloud Architect(CV only EOI)|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2020 16:25|
Participate and represent Digital Wholesale and Integration Services across technical meeting/working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects impacting application cloud migration.
• Document “How To” documents for enabling and configuring PaaS services within the department
• Work with Digital Wholesale and Integration Services, Cloud Services teams and other IT teams to define Application Cloud Architecture for Digital Services and applications.
• Work as a technical resource on enabling PaaS services across the two public clouds uses for hosting workloads.
• Work with agile teams to deploy and trouble-shoot cloud services, application deployments into the cloud and application automation in lower levels as well as production
• Participate in solution concepts, capacity planning and design artefacts as a part of project team.
• Work as a technical resource to build, configure and then support Containers to support the departments hosting strategy.
• Work in multi-vendor environment (MVE) to assist on Disaster Recovery, business continuity and solutions in cloud.
• Create or provide advice/and or guidance on high level technical designs or use when building new cloud services
• Continuous improvement – working with teams to continuously improve cloud deployments etc
Skills and Experience Required:
- Extensive experience in Public Cloud design and implementation activities
- Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, VMware/vSphere Virtualization
- Automated workflows/pipelines
- Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
• Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
• Strong understanding of cloud native characteristics and how architectures can deliver them
• Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments
• Good understanding of high availability and resilient environments is a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of TOGAF or other architectural frameworks and or methodologies
• Ability to develop and provide training to staff.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 12 Month Contract with possible extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance Required
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 April 2020 at 9am
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information