PMO Project Manager
|Job Title:||PMO Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2020 16:21|
Project Managers will provide oversight to their domain of expertise, with the following key responsibilities:
- Accountable for managing allocated resources, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies, and evaluating business outcomes.
- Understand application of work to the operational environment to provide advice to senior management and stakeholders.
- Liaise and negotiate with stakeholders to recognise their priorities and develop solutions to meet their needs and expectations; and
- Diagnose a range of science and technology issues from a Department and scientific ICT perspective and implement solutions.
- To clearly define and seek agreement for project objectives, plans, costs, and performance measures to ensure that work is carried out in a timely and effective manner and to meet budgets and deadlines where applicable, ensuring project changes are appropriately controlled.
- To actively engage with all stakeholders during the course of a project and communicate effectively on project progress and deliverables and work with service areas to ensure they are well received by the recipients of the change and that the project is successfully delivered and identified benefits realised;
- To apply the agreed project management framework for the project (using relevant project standards- where relevant) in order to ensure that projects are, defined, developed, governed, and managed in a consistent manner across the department.
- To secure and allocate financial resources, as necessary for project work, working within an allotted budget and monitoring spend for each project, making appropriate adjustments within agreed limits in order to see a project through to successful conclusion.
- To manage the work and priorities of the project team throughout the project lifecycle, defining appropriate products, standards, and timescales in accordance with the agreed project management framework, to ensure that the project delivers quality products to time and within budget.
- To act as key adviser to project and programme boards, resolving issues and recommending corrective action as appropriate so that projects are sustained and implemented, risks are identified, mitigated and managed, whilst ensuring compliance with the agreed decision-making process/project governance arrangements.
- To manage the preparation and updating of all project documentation ensuring compliance with the agreed project and programme governance arrangements, using the agreed project management framework, guidance, and associated templates; and
- If appropriate, to prepare invitations to tender and manage the tender process through to successful completion in accordance with the department procurement rules to ensure that the department gets value for money and services/resources secured are relevant and represent good practice.
- Project Managers will deliver a rolling program of Restricted and Classified Project Management artefacts to the satisfaction of PMO – via simultaneous six-week sprint process. Specific deliverables for each artefact will be negotiated prior to the start of the artefact in accordance with Price and payment.
Location and Contract Term:
Adelaide, Melbourne, or Canberra based. 6 Month Contract with 5 x 6 Months possible extensions
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV1 Security clearance preferred or minimum BASELINE security Clearance required
How to Apply:
Applications close 26 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's