ICT Commercial Advisor
|Job Title:||ICT Commercial Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||April 22, 2020 12:13|
The ICT Commercial Advisor (Infrastructure, People and Professional Services, Network) will provide expert strategic and tactical advice relating to significant IT procurement opportunities.
The agency will be developing a substantial portfolio of procurements opportunities that will seek to drive significant saving from the market.
To support this activity the agency is seeking expert advisory services in the area of strategic sourcing and procurement. The role will also be expected to provide expert advisory services for commercial negotiations with one or more vendors and provide expert advice in relation to commercial risk and benefit management.
Specifically, the Commercial Advisor will:
- Provide strategic sourcing, procurement and commercial advice relating to major IT projects and other procurements as required
- Assist with the commercial streams of these projects
- Under the direction of the Opportunity Portfolio Lead will advise vendor negotiations and develop negotiations strategies and tactics.
- Provide advice to ensure that the agreed commercial terms are in the best long term interests of the agency
- Conduct commercial opportunity and risks assessment ensuring these are identified and effectively managed
- Develop comprehensive reports as required
- Contribute to sourcing and procurement strategies and plans as required;
- Develop necessary procurement documentation as required; and
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Commercial Advisor
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and implementing commercial negotiations and strategies
- In-depth knowledge of commercial technology and capabilities options
- Mature understanding of commercial requirements for government departments or organisations similar in size.
- Demonstrated ability identifying and successfully managing commercial opportunities and risks.
- Experience working or ability to quickly adopt agile techniques.
- Well-developed organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise and manage tasks to meet agreed service standards.
- Excellent problem solving, problem management and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build relationships, communicate effectively and to influence a variety of stakeholders including project managers, technical staff and business partners/customers
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to develop reports, analyse & interpret validation and initiate or recommend appropriate action
- The ability to quickly gain expertise in complex business systems whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Previous experience working with tier-1 industry vendors and smaller organisations
- Ability to comfortably and proactively work in a rapidly changing environment.
Location and Contract Term:
Melbourne based. Until 30 June 2021 with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday. 27 April 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's