Senior Microsoft Consultant
|Job Title:||Senior Microsoft Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2020 16:01|
- Establish a comprehensive inventory of the current server environment using a variety of data collection tools, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit, customer’s CMDB data (based on ServiceNow and SCCM collection agents) and Movere.
- From this data, create a migration catalogue to define the source environment inventory and manage the remaining Server Migration and Modernisation program activities. Inventory data will also be used to update the customer CMDB as this is the authoritative source of inventory information.
- Assess and validate the discovered data and combine with customer Application Owner interviews to understand both technical and business aspects of each application.
- Define business systems composed of applications, servers, and databases in the source environment.
- Update the customer CMDB with relationships between configuration items.
- Incorporate business aspects of the application to assist in planning and decision making, including retirement, investment and upgrade plans, and alignment with application strategy for that business unit.
- Perform initial target environment sizing.
- Assign one or more migration strategies aligned to customer’s objectives, and jointly decide upon the strategy for each application.
- Define the migration procedures for each application including acceptance test, production cutover, and rollback. Migration procedures will be dependent upon the target environment, nominated migration strategy, business systemcriticality, and other considerations.
- Define the migration plan including roles and responsibilities, communications plan, and change schedule.
- Execute the migration plan to deploy the pre-cutover solution.
- Facilitate the acceptance testing and signoff.
- Execute the production cutover.
- Provide post-migration support.
- Following migration, configure Azure-native services to assist with the management of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) environments. This includes the enablement of cloud-native monitoring services for each migrated server, to replace the existing System Center Operations Management (SCOM) solution, utilising the cloud-native monitoring service defined and deployed as part of the Direct to Cloud workstream. Also includes deploying the Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) agent or multi-homing the Microsoft Management Agent (MMA), as decided in the Security Workstream, to register each migrated server with the Azure Security Centre In addition, establishment and testing of Azure-native disaster recovery for IaaS servers hosting Criticality Level 1, 2, and 3 applications (based customer’s Business Impact Assessment for applications).
Location and Contract Term:
Perth or Brisbane based. 3 Month Contract
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close 1 May 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's