|Job Title:||Program Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||April 26, 2020 08:59|
Each program consists of several subordinate IT projects that deliver either internal enabling systems or public-facing systems that collectively aim to make Australia the safest place in the world to conduct on-line business.
Internally, the Program Managers will work within an agile multi-disciplinary capability delivery team including business analysts, UX designers, software developers, security architects, engineers, systems administrators and testers.
Externally, they will work with other Australian Government departments, industry partners and private enterprises.
Indicative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic and high-level advice to senior executives in relation to the Program.
- Managing a complex Program and business processes in accordance with the organization’s ICT project management framework and methodologies.
- Assuming responsibility in key areas such as risk and issues management, requirements management and release management, including escalation as appropriate.
- Assisting in the oversight of consultants engaged by the Programs.
- Undertaking high-level stakeholder consultations including cross agency or department stakeholders.
- Effectively managing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders – both business and ICT.
- Identifying and managing inter-project dependencies.
- Managing Program budgets and preparing Program financial forecasts.
- Managing Program schedules.
- Preparing written reports and presentations relating to program and project activities.
- Establishing a work plan for continuous improvement and documenting lessons learned.
- Leading and mentoring staff
Key knowledge or experience areas include:
- Experience delivering within PRINCE 2 and MSP frameworks
- Experience managing acquisitions within the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act
- Experience with Agile processes
- Experience delivering within a Systems Engineering framework
- Experience managing large teams of up to 50 people
- High order oral and written communications skills
Skills and Experience Required:
- Have experience in Digital program delivery - 10%
- Have experience in program financial planning and management within Commonwealth Government - 20%
- Have experience delivering within a formal program framework such as P3O or MSP - 20%
- Have experience in Agile project and program management - 10%
- Have experience in writing and delivering Executive briefs for SES stakeholders - 10%
- Have strong organisational and communication skills - 10%
- Have strong stakeholder management skills - 20%
- Experience with systems engineering processes - 30%
- Experience planning and managing transition into service - 35%
- Experience planning and managing in-service support - 35%
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 12 Month Contract with 1 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. NV1 Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 7 May 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information