IT Application Developer
|Job Title:||IT Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2020 10:56|
We are seeking highly motivated Mainframe developers to join in our dynamic team.
• Identify problems in application and infrastructure areas and assess their significance and provide technical solutions to resolve the issues
• Maintain effective performance levels, own expertise and build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer
• Understand and operate within agreed quality standards and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
• Support all phases of the development lifecycle which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation, and maintenance
• Understand the strategic objectives of stakeholders in the development of products and delivery mechanisms to improve business outcomes
• Engage with stakeholders on complex issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Provide expert advice to senior staff and relevant business areas on operational and administrative work, and develop strategies to resolve operational and administrative problems
• Lead, change and deal with uncertainty while addressing production issues in a positive and flexible manner.
Skills and Experience Required:
Mainframe Technical Specialist with a high level of skills/experience in:
• COOL:GEN, COBOL, DB2 and MQ Series, Team Foundation Server (TFS), SCLM, z/OS, JCL, ISPF, JSB, CICS, DB2 tools/utilities.
• Environment and / or test support
• Having an experience and skills with an Integrated Core Processing (ICP) System and Department Cool:Gen applications will be an additional advantage
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 1 x 12 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 30 April.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly Shockley 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Oracle Database Developer
Mobile App Developer
Software Developer (Python, Java) Level 5 (TSPV)
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)
Software Developer (Python / Java) Level 3 (TSPV)