|Job Title:||IT Architect|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2020 10:37|
The Department is seeking an experienced IT Architect for a 12 month contract role. Canberra based.
• Participate and represent Digital Wholesale and Integration Services across technical meeting and working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects
• High Level presentation skills with the ability to prepare, facilitate and lead
• Create or provide advice/and or guidance on high level technical designs for use when building new services
• Develop blueprints, capability models, operating models and business focused roadmaps
• Work closely with domain architects in the development of domain roadmaps
• Alignment with business strategy and direction, ensuring good practice in implementation of solutions
• Builds relationships across business and IT to understand the business drivers and strategic objectives.
• Lead research activities and provide expert advice on IT directions, strategy, candidate technologies, and the re-use of enterprise IT capabilities within a framework of Department policies, priorities, objectives and strategy
• Anticipate future challenges in the Departments IT requirements and position the Department to meet these challenges and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the Department enterprise architecture
• Deliver solutions with a large degree of independence across the enterprise architecture to support business needs
• Develop and implement architecture capability roadmaps and impact assessments to support business outcomes
• Translate complex business strategies, goals and issues into tactical and strategic initiatives across multiple areas of specialisation
• Think about systems sustainability, longevity and end to end operability when establishing patterns and design solutions
Skills and Experience Required:
• Highly skilled in preparation and presentation of strategic presentations to steering committees and executive owners.
• Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
• Strong understanding of cloud native characteristics and how architectures can deliver them
• Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments
• Good understanding of high availability and resilient environments is a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of TOGAF or other architectural frameworks and or methodologies
• Ability to develop, transfer knowledge to others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes
• Experience in digital transformation
• Apply high level judgement in the assessment of solutions and provide assurance that they comply with the Departments enterprise architecture and IT standards Initiate, manage and execute Architecture governance forums
Location and Contract Term: Canberrra based role. 12 month contract.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 5 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's