IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2020 09:23|
The Senior Project Manager works under broad direction and is accountable for performing an important leadership role and is expected to guide and mentor other Project Managers within the branch to deliver IT projects within timeframes and quality requirements.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for leading, co-ordinating and delivering work for highly complex, technical and/or sensitive projects or work programs that have strategic, political and/or operational significance to the Department.
They will be accountable for researching, analysing and providing a high level of advice to Project Managers, senior management and a wide range of stakeholders. They will initiate, establish and maintain strong strategic relationships with key stakeholders to progress negotiate and/or achieve business outcomes.
• Plan, organise, direct and assist the work of other project managers to ensure a high level of accuracy, consistency and integration across business in terms of advice provided or functions managed and ensure delivery of activities within timeframes and quality requirements
• Have experience in establishing a Project Management Office (PMO) to deliver complex projects and programs; develop strategies, processes and evaluate project and business outcomes
• Provide authoritative and expert advice and deliver results with a significant degree of independence within a framework of Department policies, priorities, objectives and strategy
• Develop and/or modify strategies and policies that extend to complex issues, which may not have established precedents or guidelines and devise solutions that ensure achievement of Department outcomes and objectives
• Plan, coordinate and undertake high-level research and analysis with regard to IT technical and non- technical matters for the purpose of maintaining and increasing compliance levels and improving internal productivity
• Produce/deliver reports and present at internal and executive forums
• Build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships, consult and share information with own team, build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer and maximise team strengths to achieve project and business outcomes
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Understand and operate within the Department project management methodology, provide expert advice on project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes
• Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation
• Understand, analyse and interpret legislation, policies and Department strategies; modify processes and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new project management work practices
• Operate in a professional manner when undertaking assurance reviews of any externally
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with approx start date of May 2020.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for the role. The succesful candidate will be required to undertake the Departments onboarding process.
How to Apply:
Applications close 7 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's