Project Reporting Officer
|Job Title:||Project Reporting Officer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||May 06, 2020 10:17|
To be successful in the role the Project Reporting Officer must have extensive experience in program and project reporting, be able to meet deadlines, sustain high quality outputs and marshal expertise towards common outcome. The candidate must be able to negotiate outcomes across many different stakeholders
The Project Reporting Officer will operate as part of the Business and Governance Resourcing team, working directly with stream leads and project managers to monitor, update, analyse, provide advice and make recommendations on all matters related to the project financials in the program.
- Monitor and report the progress of program and project expenditure, investigate variances, and review and analyse expenditure items for forty plus projects.
- Maintain the data integrity of the budgets, forecasts and planned expenditure in SAP.
- Liaise with Project Managers and principals in charge, regarding contract documents, milestone payments and charge orders.
- Prepare and present variance reports and reporting submissions as required to management.
- Assist the project managers to analyse financial information to identify opportunities/risk and recommending strategies.
- Assist with the preparation of budgeting, reporting and forecasting reporting and processes. Evaluate transaction data, identify trends and act on findings to improve data integrity.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with staff at all levels across the Bureau including senior Group and Program staff
- Comply with all departments work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors and visitors who may be affected by your conduct; and
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Social Justice Strategy.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Candidates are expected to have worked in large complex programs and have a proven track record of delivering under deadlines and amongst broad stakeholder groups. Specifically:
Proven project reporting and analyst capability.
Demonstrated intermediate competency Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel functions and formula.
Demonstrated experience and skills using Information Management Systems such as SAP, to extract financial reports, monitor financial activities and process transactions
Demonstrated communication, negotiation and problems solving skills
Proven strong attention to detail.
- The candidate must state their agreement to have or obtain (at Bureau expense) a baseline security clearance.
• Relevant qualifications in accounting or business degree is desirable.
• Experience using SAP.
Location and Contract Term:
Melbourne based . 12 Month Contract with 1 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close 12 May 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information