Business Intelligence Developer
|Job Title:||Business Intelligence Developer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2020 15:42|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking to engage the contract services of an experienced Database Developer in utilising their experience in the data warehousing (DW) and business intelligence (BI) spaces to assist in the design, implementation and support of their BI capabilities.
The successful applicant will work within a small delivery team in providing BI services as well as in supporting the development and support of new BI and database tier services. They will also engage with stakeholders and other members of the delivery team to develop against backlog items using an adapted scrum methodology.
Duties and Tasks may include:
- Contribute to the design, implementation and support of the client’s growing Business Intelligence capabilities including ETL, warehouse and cube design
- Collaborate with and provide advice to the ICT branch and business stakeholders in the design and implementation of new database tier services
- Contribute to the maintenance of production database tier services, including issue resolution and continuous improvement activities
- Contribute to business as usual and project planning activities
- Support application lifecycle management systems, including the maintenance of database deployment systems
- Contribute to the development of technical documentation
- High level of experience developing with the Microsoft BI stack (On Premise and in Cloud).
- High level of experience designing, developing and implementing Power BI solutions (On Premise and in Cloud).
- Knowledge of installing, maintaining and troubleshooting MS SQL Server and BI Services.
- Excellent MS SQL Server development skills using T-SQL.
- Advanced Data warehousing design and development experience.
- Ability conducting DBA tasks and functions according to standard practices.
- Proven track record in the delivery of the database layer of software projects.
- Experience using MS Visual Studio/SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience working with some form of source control, e.g. Git.
- Understanding of “separation of duties”, system/data security conventions.
- Understanding of ITIL Change Management, DevOps and experience using systems such as TFS/JIRA.
- Experience in querying objects such as BLOBS, XML and JSON data.
- Experience in Big Data, Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- Knowledge of BI and Database development using best practices.
- Troubleshooting and optimisation skills.
- Experience on Agile and/or Scrum projects
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 3 month contract with a 9 month extension option.
Must be an Australian Citizen. A current NV1 Security Clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 20 May 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information