IT Solution Architect
|Job Title:||IT Solution Architect|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2020 10:42|
The Role is for a solution architect who is familiar with telephony platforms and infrastructures to provide technical leadership, lead governance and assurance processes.
The Department has re-designed their Telephony platforms for the digital age and has implemented the modern software based Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) (replacing Genband CS2K) to integrate with the current Contact Centre solution and the suite of applications within (Genesys, Nuance, Verint).
The Department is keen to pursue new innovations in the Telephony and Communications space that transform client experience, and drive future technology investments to build technology platforms that are digital ready, leveraging infrastructure maintenance and modernisation program investments.
The chosen architect will work with our business and technology partners, be involved with Program and Project teams ensuring successful outcomes for the Department.
• Lead the development of strategies within one or more domains of specialisation
• Manage the development and delivery of position papers to support new business initiatives, business cases, risk assessments, new patterns, reference architectures and standards for initiatives which are not in-pattern for the standard Department environment
• Lead research activities and provide expert advice on IT directions, strategy, candidate technologies, and the re-use of enterprise IT capabilities within a framework of Department policies, priorities, objectives and strategy
• Deliver solutions with a large degree of independence across the enterprise architecture to support business needs
• Plan, coordinate and manage allocated resources, work area priorities and workflows
• Anticipate future challenges in the Departments IT requirements and position the Department to meet these challenges and remain up to date with IT industry and market trends, incorporating them into the Department enterprise architecture
• Develop and implement architecture capability roadmaps and impact assessments to support business outcomes
• Has expertise in defining enterprise architecture policies, standards, principles, reference architectures and procedures for development
• Think about systems sustainability, longevity and end to end operability when establishing patterns and design solutions
• Translate complex business strategies, goals and issues into tactical and strategic initiatives across multiple areas of specialisation
• Develop and maintain a network of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to communicate the enterprise architecture and provide advice and guidance on the effectiveness of the organisation's business processes
• Display, educate and transfer knowledge to others, guide and mentor less experienced employees and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes
• Apply detailed knowledge of the enterprise architecture and advise or grant exemptions as delegated
• Apply high level judgement in the assessment of solutions and provide assurance that they comply with the Departments enterprise architecture and IT standards
• Initiate, manage and execute Architecture governance forums
Skills and Experience Required:
• Demonstrated experience as a Communications/Network Architect, with knowledge and experience of Cisco solutions and integration with market leading Contact Centre applications
• Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of Communication and network systems that are simple, modern, resilient, highly available and architected for digital and artificial intelligence future
• An understanding of telephony and communications best practices, industry trends and innovations
• Team player; Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to design contact centre program/project level solutions
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 15 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's