Business Application and Database Developers
|Job Title:||Business Application and Database Developers|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2020 08:47|
The developers will work as part of project team and which includes business analysts and internal developers to deliver the products.
Development skills required are as follows:
- Translation of supplied data schemas into Django models
- Development of access control mechanisms at the model level (field level if possible).
- Development of views/filter/search functionality for data models based on user requests.
- Development of data workflow and transition functionalities (including creation of necessary subdata on transition) per use-cases
- Development of a Web API to access stored data via a given URL in a supplied format.
- Development of automated build, test and deployment, using Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery and deployment technologies agreed to by the client
- Diagnostic support/logging capabilities Other Information
- Some development can occur offsite
- There will be requirement for access to department Premises (or via Video Conference) for consultation
- Application will be owned & maintained by department (IP owned by AFP) General Acceptance Criteria
- Database models accurately represent existing data structures
- Duplication between data models is eliminated
- Database has appropriate access controls
- General acceptance of project quality through technical review
- User acceptance that data entry, search, reports and workflow functions meet day-to-day need
Skills and Experience Required:
- Ability to deliver project tasks as described above
- A demonstrated ability to produce and maintain dynamic web applications with a particular focus on Django
- A demonstrated ability to implement web application databases
- A strong knowledge of the systems required to deliver these applications in both Windows and GNU/linux based environments.
- Ability to work independently with a small team
- Ability to provide accurate and professional technical advice to business stakeholders.
Location and Contract Term:
Based in Canberra. 12 Month Contract with extension options up to 12 Months.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Highly desirable that potential candidates have maintained Australian Residency for the past 10 years.
How to Apply:
Applications close 24 May 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's